Only two days left until our adventure down under begins! We have waited 9 months and now the day is finally there to pack! Apart from saying goodbye, fixing our official documents and doing some research on everything Aussie, the packing is kind of a difficult thing. That’s why we need blogs, so we know what to bring! We looked at a few different ones and made our own packing list, edited to our own needs!
*Disclaimer, this packing list may contain a few links. We do earn something extra for our travels when a purchase is made. There will be no extra costs for you!
- 7x Pants
- We packed 1x jeans, 2x yoga pants, 3x shorts and a sleeping jogging. When you want to do sports, pack that one too! They come in handy on different occasions!
- 8x Shirts
- Shirts is a different subject. When we’re sweating we often change our shirt on a day, so we packed 1x long sleeve, 2x short sleeve, 3x singlets & 2x fancier shirts. Hope it’s enough, but the happy thing about Australia is that they have stores too!
- 9x Underwear
- 2x bra’s and underwear for a week.
- 7x Socks
- Socks for a week plus our very happy Happy Socks we got from hemdvoorhem.nl
- 3x Shoes
- This might look as not enough, but when we realized we only wear those shoes at home too, we tought why bring more… 1x hiking boots, 1x trainers & 1x flipflops.
- 1x Belt
- 1x Sweater
- 2x Swimwear
- We bring our bikini’s, but since we like snorkling and diving we also bring our active swimwear. More comfortable and easier.
- 1x Beanie
- Because the nights can get cold and it looks fashionable.
- 1x Bandana
- Not only handy for your head, but also to bind something together.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, toothpicks
- Medicines you need or are comfortable with (make sure to get a medical passport)
- Facial care
- Feet care
- Sunscreen (We bring 1x spf30 & 3x spf50)
- Insect Repellent
- I bring my old Nikon D5200 DSLR camera with a great lens. Also the charger, remote, polar filter, tripod and extra SD cards are a part of it.
- Action camera
- People say that GoPro is the best, but I found this cheap alternative also very nice!
- If you like books, bring your books. There will be plenty of ways to swap them or buy new ones.
- Instead of my laptop I decided to bring my tablet. Easier for films, weighs way less and has the same charger as my phone. Only sad thing is I can’t keep our blog up-to-date…
- Can’t wait to use it!
- External Harddrive
- I bring my new bought LaCie harddisk. It’s specially made for travel and the outdoors.
- Luckily almost all our devices have the same connectors. We only bring two per person.
- I’ve got one that charges my phone twice, very good one from Trust.
- 2x Travel towel (small & big)
- Daypack (as handluggage)
- Notebook & pen
- Important documents (passport, medical passport, visum)
- Extra portrait pictures
I hope we didn’t forget anything too important, but again, they have shops there!